It is hella hot outside, y’all. Like, unbearably miserable, can’t even breathe, trying to wipe the sweat off my sweat because every self respecting southerner knows, women don’t sweat. We glisten while we fan ourselves and drink sweet tea outside on the front porch daydreaming about pools and watermelons and the elusive white Christmas that we obviously will never have — well, expect for me last Christmas when I decided to drive home in the aforementioned “white Christmas” snow blizzard and it took 24 hours to get from Houston to Wichita Falls. Le sigh.
But I digress.
Back to the topic at hand. I can daydream all I want about snow but that still does not negate the fact that this southerner is sweating this summer. It’s miserable.
In an effort to stay inside in A/C while keeping my sanity, I have been crazy blog stalking and online not-really-window-because-I-end-up-buying shopping. So the other day, while perusing my daily haunts, it hit me (courtesy of bestie Ellen came up with this idea). I am going to compose my own bucket list!
Nope, never saw the movie.
But the gist is there.
And I get to stay a cool 65°F while composing.
So here we go… I am even stealing (borrowing? Taking out a loan?) her idea to have installments of a sort. Broken down into 4 groups: TRAVEL, ADVENTURE, PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT, and RANDOM ACTS of KINDNESS, I will express my ideas, thoughts, daydreams, and somedays into definable and achievable goals. Some I have already completed (go me!) while others are years away… but all answer the same question: “What do I want to do in life?”
To start, TRAVEL!
1. Ride a gondola in Venice.
2. Swim in the largest swimming pool in the world, off the coast of Chile.
3. Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro.
4. Climb Mt. Everest.
5. Ski the Alps.
6. Go to Oktoberfest in Munich.
7. Take a trip on the Orient Express.
8. Visit the North Pole and see Santa’s workshop.
9. Visit the wreckage of the Titanic aboard a submarine.
10. Go to France and learn not only the language that is spoken there, but also study its customs, its cuisine, its art, and its history.
11. Go camping.
12. Reveal as many countries as I can on my scratch map.
13. Travel to Vietnam.
14. Go on a cross-country motorcycle trip.
15. Climb to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
16. Go on an Alaskan cruise.
17. See all of the seven wonders of the medieval world: Stonehenge, Colosseum, Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa, Great Wall of China, Porcelain Tower of Nanjing, Hagia Sophia, and Leaning Tower of Pisa.
18. Drink a Guinness in Ireland.
19. Visit Tokyo, Japan.
20. Watch a sunset in Oia, Greece on the island of Santorini.
21. Shop in Dubai.
22. See the giraffes — my favorite animal since 3rd grade — and lions on an African safari.
23. Honeymoon in the Maldives.
24. Skinny dip in Bali.
25. Go to Spain for the Tomatina tomato fight and bull run in Pamplona.
ADVENTURE to come tomorrow…